- The GREAT SNAKE RIVER TRIATHLON will be held on Saturday, August 12th, 2023, at Snake River Landing in downtown Idaho Falls. This triathlon will include BOTH Sprint & Olympic distances. The best part about this race is the downstream swim in the Snake River!
This race will be the final race in Eastern Idaho…the third in the TRIFECTA SERIES produced by Tri Peaks Epic Events. Trifecta awards will be given after this race!
There are 3 options for PACKET PICKUP for the GREAT SNAKE RIVER TRIATHLON:
- Friday 12-2 pm @ FOOTHILLS Rehabilitation & Performance Services (3715 Woodking Dr. Idaho Falls, ID 83404)
- Friday 4-7 pm afternoon/evening @ SNAKE RIVER LANDING—981 Pier View Drive (West of BBSI)
- Saturday 5:30-6:30 am @ SNAKE RIVER LANDING—981 Pier View Drive (West of BBSI)
Staging of BIKES / TRANSITION AREA will be Saturday morning from 5:30 – 6:45. An ALL PARTICIPANTS MANDATORY RACE MEETING will be held that morning at 7 am. We will be taking participants via bus to the swim start for both the Olympic and Sprint distances. We will have a basket for shoes we will return to the transition area from the swim start.
This year we will have 2 TRANSITIONS to set up—
- The BIKE TRANSITION for the start will be at SOUTH TOURIST PARK—2800 South Yellowstone Highway, Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- The SWIM & RUN TRANSITION will be at SNAKE RIVER LANDING—981 Pier View Drive (West of BBSI) Idaho Falls
PLEASE PLAN ADDITIONAL TIME TO SETUP BOTH TRANSITION AREAS!
Here are a couple things to remember–
- WETSUITS are recommended!
- NO MUSIC is allowed on the course for any of the events
- PLEASE REVIEW course MAPS & DESCRIPTIONS on the website prior to the race!
- BE SAFE—there are a few challenges on this rural course so please be cautious
If you have any FAMILY & FRIENDS that are willing to VOLUNTEER on our race course, please have them register ASAP—they will get some free swag or hit us up for a discount on a future race!